Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hillsboro Plein Air Plus Exhibition, Opening Night October 7th


"Hillsboro Bridge with MCM Style", 16 x 20 Oil on Canvas en Plein Air
I was so blessed to participate in the Hillsboro Plein Air Plus Competition.  Thank you Lord, I'm so grateful that You helped me get through the paint out with my back behaving. When I can go out to paint, I feel like a little kid who gets to go out and play.  I was only able to paint for 2 hours the 1st day because of a doctor's appointment.  But I was able to paint from 9 am to 2 pm today and was able to finish my painting.  It's a 16 x 20 oil on canvas. I call it Hillsboro Bridge with MCM Style.

Day 1 of the Hillsboro Plein Air Plus Competition

Day 2 of the Hillsboro Plein Air Plus Competition

Join Anna for the opening reception of the Hillsboro Plein Air Plus Exhibition on Tuesday, October 7th, from 5:00 - 6:30 PM.  If you can't make it, come by and view the exhibit between October 7 - November 18.

Hillsboro Plein Air Plus Exhibition
Walters Cultural Arts Center
527 E Main, Hillsboro OR 97123
(503) 615-3485

Galley Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed

3 comments:

  1. Anna, just found your blog via the Alla Prima blog and I must tell you that I do love your work. Find myself wondering if we could be related from somewhere way back. My great-grandfather, mom's mom's dad, was a Lancaster. His family moved from PA to Idaho when he was a boy. So far, no luck with tracing outside of direct line though.

    Anyway, your work is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Many Thanks for the kind compliment CrimsonLeaves. My husband's family the Lancasters and Martyrs immigrated to NYC from Ireland and England, Mine family immigrated to NYC from Sicily. Doing family tree research has put us in touch with cousins in Europe. Now that some of them are on Facebook, we can find out fun, family events and milestones for our families across the pond.

      Delete